Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Worship

Glorious God,
It is the flame of my life to worship You, the crown and glory of my soul to adore You, heavenly pleasure to approach You.
Give me power through Your Holy Spirit to help me worship now, that I may forget the world, be brought into fullness of life, be refreshed, comforted, and blessed.
Give me knowledge of Your goodness that I might not be over-awed by Your greatness;
Give me Jesus, Son of Man, Son of God, Son of David,that I might not be terrified, but be drawn near with filial love, with holy boldness; He is my Mediator, Brother, Interpreter, Branch, Daysman, Lamb; Him I glorify, in Him I am set on high.
Crowns to give I have none, but what You have given I return, content to feel that everything is mine when it belongs to You, and more fully mine when I have yielded it to You.
Let me live wholly to my Savior, free from distractions, from burdensome anxiety, from hindrances to the pursuit of the narrow way.
I am pardoned through the blood of Jesus, give me a new sense of it, may I come every day to the fountain, and every day be washed anew, that I may worship You always in spirit and truth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment