Saturday, December 5, 2009

Visions of Glory

Seek God in His Word. Studying God’s Word draws us closer to Him.
2Peter1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Trust God to equip you to serve. God prepares us thoroughly for the tasks He assigns us.
Eze.2:7 And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

Live as a testimony to God. God uses His people to announce His Judgement.
Eze.7:27b …I will do unto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I judge them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Practice true repentance. We can’t hide from God, so we can’t avoid sin’s consequences.
Eze.11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:

Take spiritual leadership seriously. God holds spiritual leaders accountable for their leadership.
Eze.12:28 Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the Lord GOD.
Accept responsibility for your conduct. Sin produces unpleasant, undesirable fruit.
Eze.18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.



Realize the high price of rebellion. Rebels against God lose in every way.
Eze.24:14 I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Reject the attitudes of God’s enemies. Satan motivates rebellions against God.

Jas.4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Submit to God in humility. God humbles the proud.

Eze.30:19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

We please God when we deliberately choose obedience over hypocrisy and pride, so respond to God’s desire to walk with you.
Eze.33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, …?

Find hope in God Who is our life. God restores the repentant.
Eze.37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Dedicate yourself for God’s use. God demonstrates His holiness when He fulfills His Word.
Eze.39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Enjoy rich fellowship with God. Worship of God is the proper response after restoration from sin.
Eze.48:35 …and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment