Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our God Reigns!


     Heavenly Father, sustain me when I am tempted to compromise in the midst of trials.  Teach me how to refuse to compromise.  (Daniel 1:8).
     Lord I understand that You honor the prayers of those who cry to You for wisdom from the midst of trials. Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to pray according to Your will in the face of difficulties. (Daniel 2:21).
     Lord I know that the future is in Your control, even though the present may not appear to demonstrate it.  Help me to trust Your sovereignty. (Daniel 2:44).
     I know from Your Word that You expect me to stand firm for You even when it means standing alone.  Encourage me to stand up for Jesus regardless of the results. (Daniel 3:17, 18).
     Lord, You are the Almighty that humbles the proud, and no person is powerful enough to stand against Your humbling chastisement.  Let me humble myself under your mighty hand oh God, with the full assurance that You will exalt me in due time. (Daniel 4:37).
     I don't want to choose to defy You Father, for I understand from Your Word, that can only lead to destruction, regardless of my privileges and means.  Instruct me on how to root out defiant attitudes that are present with me. (Daniel 5:22).

     Father, You have chosen to glorify  Yourself through a believer's consistent testimony- which is magnified by faithfulness in times of trial.  Help me, my Stronghold and Refuge to maintain a strong testimony. (Daniel 6:10).
     I also know from Your Word that Christ will destroy all human kingdoms and set up His own perfect Kingdom.  Help me to keep Your command to tell others of coming judgment and reward. (Daniel 7:17, 18).
     I believe with all of my heart and mind that Your Word is infallible and completely trustworthy.  Let me testify to the trustworthiness of God’s infallible Word. (Daniel 8:26).
     Lord, You keep Your promises of blessing and judgment.  Help me to take Your promises, in the Bible, seriously.(Daniel 9:24).
     Father, Your manner of love and care for Your own children are reflected in believers' love for each other and in angels' ministry to people on Your behalf.  Let my Lips praise You, Father, for Your effective care. (Psalm 91:11).
     I have witnessed for myself peoples' vain struggle for power and dominance while only God's power and rule will last forever.  Father, let me submit to God’s power in my life through Your Holy Spirit. (Acts 15:18).
     I have hope in Christ through Your Word, that He will defeat the forces of evil in the Tribulation.  Help me oh Lord, to live my life day by day in light of eternity. (Daniel 12:1).  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment